Monarch Minutes to Memories

Welcome to Mr. Webster's BLOG!



My BLOG aims to do the following: 1.) Provide Chrysalis with school updates and perspectives that take less than a minute to read. 2.) Chronicle our journey together each school year. 3.) Connect to students by sharing my life outside of school.

Let's make 2011-12 the best year ever at Chrysalis!

Mr. Webster
Assistant Principal

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

TAKS Olympics Rulz!


January signals the beginning of TAKS Olympics planning at Chrysalis. 

It’s exciting to see what new wrinkles or aspects the students and teachers come up with each year!  I always wonder what they will add to the mix!  

As the Assistant Principal, I actually miss being able to have fun like the teachers do with the ceremony.  So, guess what I do…. I try to stir things up creatively by gossiping… Yep….  I add my creative ideas by starting rumors among the teachers…  They are very competitive and when they get news of the ideas, they often try to copy them or do something better…  So…. you can always count on me to stir things up this time of the year – it’s all for a good cause!  

The Opening Ceremony is traditionally in February and it is definitely one of the highlights of every school year; yet, it is just one of many things I look forward to in February like:

·        My birthday!
·        The Super Bowl… Go Pack Go!!
·        Cool weather...
·        Valentine’s Day…
·        My family….

Undoubtedly February reminds me of growing up in Wisconsin.  I am always flooded with fond memories at this time of year!  Thinking of my past and family truly help me to appreciate life and renew my energy and spirit!  

If I were a student, I would start bugging my Homeroom teacher to begin planning now for what is sure to be our best TAKS Olympics Opening Ceremony!  

Check out the slideshow from last year's Opening Ceremony to get ideas or to take a stroll down memory lane! 


P.S. I was the mascot for our Junior class during our Winterfest (Homecoming in the Winter).   I dressed up like a giant BUMBLE BEE and led the class in the pep rally!    BUZZ... BUZZ... BUZZ... BUZZ.... 

1 comment:

  1. So, did you "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" like Ali?.....Ok, ok, I'm going back to study for my quiz now!

    ReplyDelete